We all have congratulated others on being very creative. We know of artists, musicians, or even scientists like Einstein, who were creative geniuses. Their imagination seemed to know no bounds, yet it did. Their limitations were primarily based on their knowledge. The more we know, the greater our imaginations become.
Unfortunately, we know very little about ourselves and where we live: our solar system, our galaxy, and certainly our universe. We are still struggling to understand the earth and the depths of the ocean. We don’t know how the sun and its cycles are impacting our weather patterns, so we blame it on global warming.
We don’t know where our solar system ends. We see only about 10% of our universe in the form of planets and moons, so we know very little about the Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud. And we also know very little about the billions of galaxies with their billions of stars, yet this is only about 4% of our total universe. The other 96% is called dark matter and dark energy, which we know practically nothing about. And don’t even mention quantum mechanics.
So with so little information, our imaginations are extremely limited. When cosmologists state that they believe our universe will continue accelerating into a Deep Freeze, I counter with the fact that their imaginations are in a deep freeze. The truth is that we will never know how the universe works because we are limited on our facts and imagination. Only God knows and He is not showing His creative hand… at least while we are alive.
I give cosmologists a good deal of credit for coming up with the idea about Phase Changes as a possibility for the end of our universe; however, this idea is a spinoff of what we know about the different phases of water: liquid, solid, and gas. Again, our imagination is fairly limited to what we know.
For example, scientists have no idea what dark energy is, so let’s utilize our imagination and see what we predict. Dark energy may be a force that is repelling the rest of the universe and thus causing an acceleration of separation between galaxies. But this is based on our understanding of magnetism when like charges repel each other. If you were to question cosmologists about dark energy, they would have to tell you that they have no idea what it is and their imaginations are stymied.
Even when we let our imagination go to areas that are declared to be science fiction, it is still based on what we know. For example, if I were to say that the red color that we expect to see as a property enters the event horizon of a black hole, could be the same as the red shift that Hubble discovered decades ago. Then if I were to extrapolate the reversal of time at the event horizon with a reversal of time with Hubble’s red shift, my imagination is still restricted to facts that we know or think that we know.
This is an interesting analogy though since most cosmologists believe that the red shift indicates that the galaxies are moving away from each other at increasing speeds. My theory is that the galaxies are stuck in a time-space fabric that is shrinking at accelerating speeds. But again, my imagination is limited just as much as others on earth.
Can we create something different from what we know? Well, we can imagine new combinations of what we know. For example, we might speculate that life on a planet, which is light years away, has a creature with ten legs and five eyes, but we are still working with legs and eyes. We can even paint an unrecognizable animal, but we will borrow from things that we know to create this beast.
So, clearly we are not even close to the Creator, our God. In order to be with God, we must unify with Him. We must trust Him and defer to His omniscience. Only God could create the universe from nothing. Scientists do not have a clue.